Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development supports and values its employees, providing equal opportunity and advancement for qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status. This policy is integral to all employment functions, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion and termination.
Tumbleweed offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
• Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurances
• 10 Paid Holidays (Exempt Employees)
• PTO (Paid Time Off) Monthly
• Training Opportunities
• Pet Insurance
• Pre-Paid Legal
• Aflac Short Term Disability & Cancer Plans
• Employee Recognition and Incentives
• Free Meals (during shift at residential and drop-in programs)
• 401 K
• Tuition Stipend
• Youth Care Workers
We are currently accepting resumes for experienced Youth Care Workers to work in our Open Hands Crisis Shelter 3:00PM-11:00PM Sunday thru Thursday. Youth Care Workers are responsible for culturally competent, direct services to agency clientele and group management. Workers must engage in practices which conform to the ethical standards established by Tumbleweed. Youth Care Workers must constantly engage in learning and developing newskills and approaches to the clients in their program.
1. Functions as a behavior example to youth through use of role modeling.
2. Supervises all youth in the program at all times. This includes being able to access all areas of the house.
3. Provides for and maintains a safe, comfortable and nurturing environment.
a. Follows and implements a daily schedule
b. Consistently and fairly applies house rules, policies, and behavior expectations for clients.
c. Enhances youth's positive social skills and assist in helping to develop youth's self control.
d. Support positive group interaction.
e. Recognizes, clarifies and supports areas of Positive Youth Development.
4. Monitors all youth during sleeping hours by making periodic bed checks as required by individual program policy.
HS Diploma/GED prefer college courses in the Behavioral and Social Services field; psychology, sociology, social work. Two years demonstrated experience working with at-risk and homeless youth. Candidates must be able to obtain DPS Fingerprint Clearance Background check and must have a good driving history to meet auto insurance requirements.
To apply fax resumes to (602) 271-0240 or email resumes to HR@Tumbleweed.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we participate in the E-Verify Program.
If you are interested in employment opportunities within Tumbleweed, please complete the Online Application and submit your resume to the Human Resources Department via fax at 602.271.0240 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org